[German]The developers of the Thunderbird email client have released Thunderbird 78.12.0, effective July 13, 2021. This is a maintenance and security update for the 78 development branch that should fix several bugs and four vulnerabilities rated as high.
I have already been alerted to this update by blog readers (thanks for that). According to the release notes, several fixes and improvements have been made.
- Sending an email that contained HTML links with spaces in the URL sometimes resulted in broken links
- Fixes to the display theme of the folder window for macOS
- Chat account settings were not always saved as expected
- RSS feed subscriptions were sometimes lost
- Calendar: A parsing error for alert triggers of type "DURATION" caused synchronization problems for some users
According to this page, the update fixes some vulnerabilities rated as high.
- CVE-2021-29969: IMAP server responses sent by a MITM prior to STARTTLS could be processed
- CVE-2021-29970: Use-after-free in accessibility features of a document
- CVE-2021-30547: Out of bounds write in ANGLE
- CVE-2021-29976: Memory safety bugs fixed in Thunderbird 78.12
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see here for more details):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. By the way, Thunderbird is free of charge.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings