[German]The developers of the Thunderbird email client have recently released version 91 (only available as a download and not as an update). Now, a maintenance and security update to version 91.0.1 has been released on August 17, 2021, and version 91.0.2 on August 23, 2021.
According to the release notes, various new fixes and improvements have been made. For example, a new setting to disable the number of unread messages on the Windows taskbar icon has been added (mail.biff.show_badge). In addition, tags are now displayed in color in the mail filter editor.
Changed is that context menu items related to OpenPGP and attachments are now hidden if they are not applicable. In addition, there are the following bug fixes:
- Creating a new account with manual setup failed
- Recipient autocomplete always preferred the primary email address for a contact
- LDAP performance improvements
- Extensions listed on the Recommended Addons did not have a clear way to view details in a browser
- Status checkmark on View > Calendar > Calendar Pane > Show Calendar Pane was reversed
- mid: URLs in calendar invites did not open the linked mail message
- Various theme and UX fixes
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see here for more details):
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.14 or higher
The download of the free Thunderbird is available here.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings