[German]Short addendum: Microsoft has updated the Edge browser in the stable channel to version 107.0.1418.24 as of October 27, 2022. This is a security update that eliminates vulnerabilities. In addition, the Edge browser in the Extended Stable Channel has been updated to 106.0.1370.59. This is a stability update.
The release notes says it's a maintenance update for the Extended Stable Channel: Fixed various bugs and performance issues for Extended Stable release.
This security update is available in the stable channel and closes seven vulnerabilities, which are described here. The colleagues from deskmodder.de even write about 13 corrected vulnerabilities. The release notes mention the following feature updates.
Microsoft Edge sidebar. The Microsoft Edge sidebar lets users access productivity tools side-by-side with their browsing window. For enterprise customers, the following experiences are currently turned on by default: Search, Discover, Office.com, and Outlook. Administrators can control the availability and configure the Microsoft Edge sidebar using the HubsSidebarEnabled, ExtensionInstallBlockList, and ExtensionInstallForceList policies. The extension ID for each sidebar app can be found at edge://sidebar-internals. For more information, see Manage the sidebar in Microsoft Edge.
New policy to give more flexibility in Microsoft Edge startup. The RestoreOnStartupUserURLsEnabled policy lets users add and remove their own URLs to open when starting Microsoft Edge while maintaining the mandatory list of sites specified by the admin.
In addition, the following new policies are introduced.
- EdgeWorkspacesEnabled – Enable Workspaces
- EnhanceSecurityModeBypassIntranet – Enhanced Security Mode configuraton for Intranet zone sites
- EventPathEnabled – Re-enable the Event.path API until Microsoft Edge version 115
- InternetExplorerIntegrationLocalMhtFileAllowed – Allow local MHTML files to open automatically in Internet Explorer mode
- LinkedAccountEnabled – Enable the linked account feature
- PerformanceDetectorEnabled – Performance Detector Enabled
- RestoreOnStartupUserURLsEnabled – Allow users to add and remove their own sites during startup when the RestoreOnStartupURLs policy is configured
- DefaultShareAdditionalOSRegionSetting – Set the default "share additional operating system region" setting
- WebSelectEnabled – Web Select Enabled
- WebSQLAccess – Force WebSQL to be enabled
- WebSQLNonSecureContextEnabled – Force WebSQL in non-secure contexts to be enabled
his policy is deprecated:
- MicrosoftOfficeMenuEnabled – Allow users to access the Microsoft Office menu
This directive is obsolete:
- BuiltinCertificateVerifierEnabled – Determines whether the built-in certificate verifier will be used to verify server certificates
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings