[German]Microsoft has released the optional cumulative (preview) update KB5019274 for Windows 11 version 21H2 on 19 January 2023. There are a number of new features and above all a long list of bug fixes. Below I give an overview of these updates for Windows 11.
Please note that this update is a so-called preview update. This is optional and must be manually triggered for download and installation by default. It contains the fixes that will be rolled out in the security update for the following month. The list of updates for Windows 11 21H2 can be viewed on this Microsoft page.
Preview update KB5019274 for Windows 11 21H2
FPreview update KB5019274 is available for Windows 11 version 21H2, which raises the OS build to 22000.1516 and provides a number of fixes for these versions of Windows. Here are the following highlights of the changes and fixes:
- New! This update combines Windows Spotlight with Themes on the Personalization page. This makes it easier for you to discover and turn on the Windows Spotlight feature.
- New! This update displays storage alerts for Microsoft OneDrive subscribers on the Systems page in the Settings app. The alerts appear when you are close to your storage limit. You can also manage your storage and purchase additional storage, if needed.
- New! This update provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- New! This update improves the Microsoft Account experience in Settings. For example, you can manage OneDrive subscriptions and storage alerts.
- New! This update displays Xbox subscription details on the Accounts page in the Settings app. Xbox subscribers can also manage their subscription on that page. Users who are not subscribers can explore Xbox subscription options on the Accounts page.
- This update addresses an issue that affects some modern applications. This issue stops them from opening.
- This update addresses an issue that might occur when the Input Method Editor (IME) is active. Applications might stop responding when you use the mouse and keyboard at the same time.
- This update addresses an issue the stops the touch keyboard from opening.
- This update addresses an issue that stops you from searching for a file based on the file's contents.
Microsoft states the following improvements and fixes that the update makes in the support article:
- This update addresses an issue that affects searchindexer.exe. It randomly stops you from signing in or signing out.
- This update addresses a resource conflict issue between two or more threads (known as a deadlock). This deadlock affects COM+ applications.
- This update addresses an issue that affects conhost.exe. It stopsresponding.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Domain Name System (DNS) suffix search list. When you configure it, the parent domain might be missing.
- This update adds support for long URL lengths of up to 8196 characters.
- This update addresses an issue that might affect FindWindow() or FindWindowEx(). They might return the wrong window handle.
- This update addresses an issue that degrades a memory location. The issue occurs when you use certain HD audio controller hardware.
- This update addresses an issue that affects certain systems that have firmware Trusted Platform Modules. (TPM). This issue stops you from using AutoPilot to set up those systems.
- This update addresses an issue that affects printing in landscape mode in Microsoft Edge. The print output is incorrect. This issue occurs when you use Microsoft Defender Application Guard.
- This update addresses an issue that stops explorer.exe from responding. This issue occurs when you use the play and pause buttons on your keyboard on certain devices.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Windows Server 2022 domain controllers. They stop responding when they manage Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) requests.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Resilient File System (ReFS) MSba tag. The issue causes a nonpaged pool leak.
- This update addresses an issue that affects ReFS. The issue causes high nonpaged pool usage, which depletes system memory.
- This update changes how you enable the Windows diagnostic data processor configuration in preparation for EU Data Boundary support. To learn more, see Enable Windows diagnostic data processor configuration.
This long list of innovations and fixes will be integrated in the security update for the following month. The preview update is optional and is only offered if the user explicitly selects optional updates for installation in the settings page. The update can also be downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Update Catalog. The latest Servicing Stack Update (SSU) is integrated to fix various problems. Further details, e.g. on the installation requirements, can be found in the support article in case of doubt. Any known problems are also listed there.
Microsoft Office Updates (January 3, 2022)
Microsoft Security Update Summary (January 10, 2023)
Patchday: Windows 10 Updates (January 10, 2023)
Patchday: Windows 11/Server 2022 Updates (January 10, 2023)
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2; Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2: Updates (January 10, 2023)
Patchday: Microsoft Office Updates (January 10, 2023)
Exchange Server Security Updates (January 10, 2023)
Microsoft Exchange January 2023 patchday issues
Windows: November 2022 updates cause ODBC connection problems with SQL databases
Windows: Microsoft Workaround for ODBC SQL connection issues (Jan. 5, 2023)
Windows January 2023 patchday issues
Windows 10 20H2-22H2 Preview Update KB5019275 (Jan. 19, 2023)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings