[German]The developers of Thunderbird have released another update of the email client to version 115.5.0 on November 21, 2023. It is an update that is intended to fix some bugs and vulnerabilities. Thanks to the readers for the tips – Thunderbird was automatically updated a few hours ago.
According to the release notes, the update to version 115.5.0 brings the following bug fixes:
- The first message was not automatically selected when opening a conversation
- Newsgroup users using an FQDN identity generated message ID headers with incorrect domain name
- Link previews were hard to read in dark mode
- Plasma's task switcher displayed the default icon when the Thunderbird flatpak was running on Wayland
- Link to the Flatpak manifest was incorrect
Furthermore, several critical vulnerabilities in Thunderbird 115.5.0 have been fixed, which are documented here. The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see here for more details):
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.12 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.14 or higher
The free Thunderbird download is available here.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings