Developer Helge Klein recently announced, that his two Windows tools SetACL and Delproof2 are now free to use, both for individuals and corporations (for commercial use).
Delprof2, delete user profies
Delprof2 is the unofficial successor to Microsoft’s Delprof which does not work with operating systems newer than Windows XP. Here are the main facts:
- Delprof2 is syntax compatible to the original Delprof, but more powerful
- Delprof2 lets you explicitly specify which profiles to delete
- Delprof2 bypasses security to delete profiles regardless of current permissions/owner
- Delprof2 supports very long paths
- Delprof2 works on nearly all versions of Windows
- Delprof2 is free for personal and commercial use
More details and the download link may be found on Helge Klein’s tool page here.
SetACL: Set permissions
Accoring to Helge Klein’s web site, SetACL Studio is a management tool for Windows permissions. It combines powerful features with an extremely intuitive user interface. It works with files, folders, registry keys, printers, network shares, services and WMI objects. It supports very long file system paths and bypasses security to display information about the remotest corner of the system. And it has undo. This web site also contains the download link.