[German]On September 4, 2020, Microsoft released a larger firmware and driver update package for its Surface Book 3. The aim is to improve reliability and stability.
The Surface Book 3 was released for sale in spring 2020. With the September 2020 update, Microsoft is trying to fix a number of issues. According to the update history the following updates are available.
- Intel(R) Corporation – System – 1.0.1287.0: Detection Verification – System devices; Improves audio reliability.
- Surface – Extension – 18.104.22.168: (Surface Book Base v3 Firmware Update) – no Device Manager notes; Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability and addresses system bugcheck.
- Surface – Firmware – 10.11.139.0: Surface System Aggregator – Firmware, Resolves the stability issues during low battery scenarios.
- Intel(R) Corporation – System – 10.24.0.3694: Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller – System devices, Improves device Sleep power consumption and addresses system bugcheck.
- Intel(R) Corporation – System – 10.24.3694.245: Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED – System devices, Improves device Sleep power consumption and addresses system bugcheck.
- Surface – System – 22.214.171.124: Surface System Telemetry Driver – System devices, Facilitates power and thermal related data analysis.
- Intel – Net – 126.96.36.199: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network adapters, Improves Wi-Fi performance resuming from sleep and Miracast connection performance.
- Intel – Bluetooth – 188.8.131.52: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth, Resolves the issue with WiFi connection throughput and improves stability.
- NVIDIA – Display – 184.108.40.20692: NVIDIA GeForce GTX – Display adapters, Improves GPU stability and power consumption.
- Dolby – SoftwareComponent – 3.20602.651.0: DolbyAPO SWC Device – Software components, Improves device audio performance and stability, and addresses 3rd party app compatibility and performance.
- Surface – System – 220.127.116.11: Surface DTX – System devices, Improves connectivity and performance with USB Hub.
- Surface – Firmware – 18.104.22.168: 13 Inch – Surface Touch Firmware / 15 Inch – Surface Touch Firmware – Firmware, Improves Touch and Pen stability.
- Surface – Extension – 22.214.171.124: (13 Inch – Surface Touch Pen Processor / 15 Inch – Surface Touch Pen Processor) – no Device Manager notes, Improves Touch stability and improves pen inking when palm is also on screen.
- Dolby – Extension – 126.96.36.199: (13 Inch – Dolby Device Extension) – no Device Manager notes, Fixes low volume output from internal speakers and improves audio reliability.
- Dolby – Extension – 188.8.131.52: (15 Inch – Dolby Device Extension) – no Device Manager notes, Fixes low volume output from internal speakers and improves audio reliability.
- Surface – System – 184.108.40.206: Surface Integration Service Device – System devices, Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability.
The updates are available for all Surface Book 3 devices with Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903 or higher and are provided via Windows Update. Firmware updates cannot be uninstalled or reset to an earlier version. When the new packages are installed, all previous updates are also installed on the Surface if they are missing. After installing the updates, the unit must be restarted to complete the installation process. (via)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings