[German]The developers of the Thunderbird email client have released Thunderbird 78.6.1 on January 12, 2021. This is a maintenance update for the main 78 version of the email client that fixes security vulnerabilities.
MailExtensions: browserAction, composeAction, and messageDisplayAction toolbar buttons now support label and default_label properties
In addition, the following bug fixes have been made:
- when running a quick search that did not return any results, the user was not offered to run the search again as a global search
- Fixed a bug in the message search toolbar
- In case of very long subject lines, the compose and view message windows were distorted, making them unusable
- Compose window: recipient addresses that had not been auto-completed were lost when clicking the Send button
- Compose window: new message is no longer marked as “changed” when tabbing out of the recipient field without editing anything
- Account self-detection when using MS Exchange servers fixed
- Fixed stability problem with LDAP address book
- Messages with invalid vcard attachments were not marked as read in the preview window
- Chat: TLS certificate exceptions for XMPP connections could not be added
- Calendar: system time zone was not always detected correctly
- Calendar: descriptions were sometimes empty when editing a single occurrence of a repeating event
- Various bug fixes for printing
- Visual consistency and design improvements
In addition, there is a closed critical use-after-free vulnerability, which is documented here.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see, where more details can be found): n
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. By the way, Thunderbird is free of charge.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings