[German]The developers of the Thunderbird email client have released Thunderbird 78.6.1 on January 12, 2021. This is a maintenance update for the main 78 version of the email client that fixes security vulnerabilities.
German blog reader Gerold pointed out the update here. According to the release notes, there are the following changes:
MailExtensions: browserAction, composeAction, and messageDisplayAction toolbar buttons now support label and default_label properties
In addition, the following bug fixes have been made:
- when running a quick search that did not return any results, the user was not offered to run the search again as a global search
- Fixed a bug in the message search toolbar
- In case of very long subject lines, the compose and view message windows were distorted, making them unusable
- Compose window: recipient addresses that had not been auto-completed were lost when clicking the Send button
- Compose window: new message is no longer marked as "changed" when tabbing out of the recipient field without editing anything
- Account self-detection when using MS Exchange servers fixed
- Fixed stability problem with LDAP address book
- Messages with invalid vcard attachments were not marked as read in the preview window
- Chat: TLS certificate exceptions for XMPP connections could not be added
- Calendar: system time zone was not always detected correctly
- Calendar: descriptions were sometimes empty when editing a single occurrence of a repeating event
- Various bug fixes for printing
- Visual consistency and design improvements
In addition, there is a closed critical use-after-free vulnerability, which is documented here.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see, where more details can be found): n
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
The download is available here. By the way, Thunderbird is free of charge.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings