[German]Google has released updates to Google Chrome 98.0.4758.80/81/82 for Windows and 98.0.4758.80 for Mac and Linux on February 1, 2022. The Android browser has been updated to version 98.0.4758.87 and the iOS version to 98.0.4758.85. The updates close 27 vulnerabilities. Some vulnerabilities are classified as High. Here is a brief overview.
The Google blog has this post with the brief description of the vulnerabilities closed in Chrome 98.0.4758.8x for desktop.
- [$20000] High CVE-2022-0452: Use after free in Safe Browsing. Reported by avaue at S.S.L. on 2022-01-05
- [$20000] High CVE-2022-0453: Use after free in Reader Mode. Reported by Rong Jian of VRI on 2022-01-06
- [$12000] High CVE-2022-0454: Heap buffer overflow in ANGLE. Reported by Seong-Hwan Park (SeHwa) on 2022-01-17
- [$7500] High CVE-2022-0455: Inappropriate implementation in Full Screen Mode. Reported by Irvan Kurniawan (sourc7) on 2021-11-16
- [$7000] High CVE-2022-0456: Use after free in Web Search. Reported by Zhihua Yao of KunLun Lab on 2022-01-21
- [$5000] High CVE-2022-0457: Type Confusion in V8. Reported by rax of the Group0x58 on 2021-11-29
- [$1000] High CVE-2022-0458: Use after free in Thumbnail Tab Strip. Reported by Anonymous on 2021-11-05
- [$TBD] High CVE-2022-0459: Use after free in Screen Capture. Reported by raven (@raid_akame) on 2021-08-28
- [$7500] Medium CVE-2022-0460: Use after free in Window Dialog. Reported by 0x74960 on 2021-09-16
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2022-0461: Policy bypass in COOP. Reported by NDevTK on 2021-10-05
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2022-0462: Inappropriate implementation in Scroll. Reported by Youssef Sammouda on 2021-11-16
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2022-0463: Use after free in Accessibility. Reported by Zhihua Yao of KunLun Lab on 2021-11-09
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2022-0464: Use after free in Accessibility. Reported by Zhihua Yao of KunLun Lab on 2021-11-14
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2022-0465: Use after free in Extensions. Reported by Samet Bekmezci @sametbekmezci on 2021-12-22
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2022-0466: Inappropriate implementation in Extensions Platform. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-08-12
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2022-0467: Inappropriate implementation in Pointer Lock. Reported by Alesandro Ortiz on 2021-08-13
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2022-0468: Use after free in Payments. Reported by Krace on 2021-09-24
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2022-0469: Use after free in Cast. Reported by Thomas Orlita on 2021-12-14
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2022-0470: Out of bounds memory access in V8. Reported by Looben Yang on 2021-11-11
In addition, there are various fixes that Google found internally during audits. However, no details about the vulnerabilities will be published until the majority of users have switched over. The Chrome version for Windows, Mac and Linux will be rolled out to the systems via the automatic update function in the next few days. The latest build of the Chrome browser can also be downloaded here.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings