[German]The developers of the Thunderbird email client have released Thunderbird 91.6.1 on February 15, 2022. This is a maintenance update for the 91 development branch that makes fixes. Here is a brief overview.
Thanks to the blog reader for pointing this out. According to the Thunderbird release notes, meeting invitation views generated with Thunderbird are now displayed expanded by default. In addition, the update includes the following fixes.
- Emails were not downloaded on startup under certain conditions – the bug was complained about here on the blog several times
- Port numbers were not displayed in the "Confirm security exception" dialog for CalDAV connections
In addition, a vulnerability was fixed – this page contains an entry that leads to this security description. Fixed vulnerability CVE-2022-0566: A crafted email could trigger an out-of-bounds write operation.
The system requirements for the different operating system versions (see here for more details):
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Linux: GTK+ 3.14 or higher
The download of the free Thunderbird is available here.
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings