[German]A brief addendum. Trend Micro has released a ‘bug fix’ patch with build 2179 for its Worry Free Business Security version 10.0 Service Pack 1 on November 5, 2019.
Trend Micro has alread released a patch with build 2178 for its Worry Free Business Security version 10.0 Service Pack 1 on October 26, 2019. This patch resolved a 0-day vulnerability in the web console (see Trend Micro WFBS 10.0 SP1: Patch Build 2178 released). However, the patch caused massive issues (see Trend Micro WFBS 10.0 SP1: Patch Build 2178 reports Spyware). This patch has therefore been withdrawn.
(Source: Pexels Markus Spiske CC0 Lizenz)
Trend Micro WFBS 10.0 SP1: Patch Build 2179 released
The comment here Trend Micro has released patch build 2179 for its Worry Free Business Security SP1 on November 5, 2019. This fixes the ‘spyware false alarms’ and a number of other bugs. According to release notes, this patch includes the following improvements and fixes:
- Enhancement: ActiveUpdate (AU) Security – This patch enables the Worry-Free Business Security server to update AU patterns and files using a more secure HTTPS protocol.
- Issue 1: (VRTS-3385) There are multiple Vulnerabilities in Apache 2.4.29.
Solution 1: This patch updates the Apache module to version 2.4.39 to remove the vulnerabilities.
- Issue 2: (SEG-51130) “Ofcservice.exe” stops responding while processing log queries on the Worry-Free Business Security server web console.
Solution 2: This patch ensures that Security Agents sends logs to the Security Server in the supported format.
- Issue 3: (SEG-56361) ATTK Scan detection logs cannot be uploaded because these contain the wrong “FunctionType”.
Solution 3: This patch resolves the error so both ATTK scan and normal scan logs can be uploaded to the Security Server successfully.
- Issue 4: (SEG-46088) Users cannot login to the Worry-Free Business Security web console even after resetting the password using the reset password tool.
Solution 4: This patch ensures that users can login successfully to the Worry-Free Business Security web console.
- Issue 5: (SEG-56382) “Setup.exe” stops unexpectedly while upgrading to Worry-Free Business Security 10.0 Service Pack 1 on the Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 platform.
Solution 5: This patch contains a repacked version of Worry-Free Business Security 10.0 Service Pack 1 which blocks unsupported platforms to ensure that the update can be applied normally.
- Issue 6: (VRTS-3542)(VRTS-3550) There are OpenSSL vulnerabilities in Worry-Free
Business Security 10.0 Service Pack 1.
Solution 6: This patch updates the related OpenSSL key-generation files to remove these vulnerabilities.
- Issue 7: (VRTS-3682)(SEG-60707) A vulnerability may allow attackers to bypass root authentication and logon to the Worry-Free Business Security web console.
Solution 7: This patch updates the Worry-Free Business Security server program to remove the vulnerability.
- Issue 8: (VRTS-3426) An attacker may be able to execute codes through a .dll file.
Solution 8: This patch removes this DLL code injection vulnerability.
- Issue 9: (SEG-59988) Users cannot install the Security Agent because a higher version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 already exists.
Solution 9: This patch ensures that users can install the Security Agent successfully when a higher version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 already exists.
- Issue 10:(SEG-63241) Agent became offline when customer use 64bit IIS after apply 10.0 service pack 1 2178 Patch
Solution 10:This patch solves the misplacement of isapiClient.dll caused by patch 2178.
- Issue 11: (SEG-63185) Some Spyware or Adware were detected from none existed registry key when manual/schedule scan was executed after apply patch 2178.
Solution 11:This patch stops the spyware/adware false alrets caused by patch 2178.
- Issue 12: (SEG-63247) Update process is running and unable to be stopped by patch installer and cause the setup progress terminates unexpectedly.
Solution 12:This patch ensures the patch installer can run and setup without problem.
Patch Build 2179 can be found on the Trend Micro download page under the Product Patch tab.