[German]As of October 19, 2021 (3rd Tuesday of the month, C-Week), Microsoftein has released an optional cumulative (preview) update for Windows 10 version 1809. I haven't found anything about the other Windows 10 versions. Here's an overview of the update in question.
The information can be found in the Windows 10 update history page. It should be noted that these updates are so-called preview or preview updates. These are optional and must be manually triggered for download and installation by default.
Update KB5006744 for Windows 10 V1809
Cumulative Update KB5006744 for Windows 10 V1809 (Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC, Windows 10 IoT Core 2019 LTSC, and Windows Server 2019) raises the build to 17763.2268. The update includes quality improvements, but no new operating system features. Here is the list of changes described as highlights:
Adds miscellaneous non-security improvements.
Below is the complete list of fixed bugs and changes.
- Addresses an issue with PropertyGet in JScript9.dll.
- Addresses an issue with Assigned Access kiosks that are configured with Microsoft Edge as a kiosk application. These kiosks might sometimes fail to restart Microsoft Edge if users close the browser window.
- Addresses an issue in which the use of App-V intermittently causes black screens to appear when signing in on the credentials page.
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows to go into BitLocker recovery after a servicing update.
- Addresses an issue that causes searchindexer.exe to keep handles to the per user search database in the path below after you sign out: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\<SID>\" As a result, searchindexer.exe stops working and duplicate profile names are created.
- Addresses an issue that causes the DnsPsProvider.dll module to leak memory within a WmiPrvSE.exe process.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Windows 10 virtual private network (VPN) users from connecting to Windows Server 2019 Routing and Remote Access service (RRAS) servers.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Software-Defined Networking (SDN) virtual machines from working when you configure the Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) VPN bandwidth limitation.
- Addresses an issue in Code Integrity that might cause a memory leak.
- Enhances Microsoft Defender for Endpoint's ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- Addresses a memory leak issue in lsass.exe on domain controllers in the forest root domain that occurs when you have multiple forests and multiple domains in each forest. The SID-Name mapping functions leak memory when a request comes from another domain in the forest and crosses forest boundaries.
- Improves the Windows Server Storage Migration Service by adding support for migration Windows Servers configured with Azure File Sync cloud tiering. Additionally, this update addresses multiple issues and improves reliability. For more information, see Storage Migration Service overview.
- Addresses an issue with the virtual machine (VM) Load Balancing feature, which ignores a site's fault domain.
- Addresses a known issue that might prevent the successful installation of printers using the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).
he update is optional and is only offered when the user explicitly selects optional updates for installation in the settings page. The update can also be downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Update Catalog. The latest Servicing Stack Update (SSU) is integrated. Microsoft lists two known issues with this update in support post KB5006744. Further details can be found in the support article in case of doubt.
Microsoft Office Patchday (October 5, 2021)
Microsoft Oktober 2021 Patchday (2021/10/12)
Patchday: Windows 10-Updates (October 12, 2021)
Patchday: Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Updates (October 12, 2021)
Patchday: Updates for Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (October 12, 2021)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings