[German]Just a brief addendum from End of August 2019. Microsoft has fixed another six issues that existed in Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) with update KB4512941 that was released on August 30, 2019. But there are still two compatibility blockers – and new issues with desktop search and Cortana already reported within this blog.
Optional update KB4512941 fixes some bugs
Cumulative Update KB4512941 was finally released on August 30, 2019, but is an optional update, which appears during a manual update search. To install it, however, you must explicitly select the Download and install link offered in Windows Update.
According to support article KB4512941, the update should fix about 30 bugs in Windows 10 V1903. Here is the hitlist of fixes, which are also listed as fixed in the status page of Windows 10 V1903 by update KB4512941:
- Fixed is be the problem that applications with Visual Basic 6 (VB6), VBA and VBscript do not work anymore since the update KB4512508 of August 13, 2019 (see also August 2019 Updates: Issues with VB6, VBA and VBScript). Now the fix for Windows 10 V1903 has been added (see also Fix for VB6, VBA, VBScript bug?).
- The issues with the update installation caused by Intel Rapid Storage Driver (Intel RST) should be fixed. I reported about this in the blog post Windows 10 V1903: Upgrade blocker Intel RST & MIT Kerberos. But even if there were correct drivers, there was an upgrade blockade that could be fixed by workaround (see my blog post Windows 10 V1903: Workaround for Intel RST-Upgrade-Blocker). Microsoft probably improved this with update KB4512941. But you have to make sure that a suitable driver for Intel RST is installed – otherwise there can be collateral damage, as I describe in the German article Windows 10: Intel RST blockt (Funktions-)Updates mit Fehler 0xc0000142.
- The RDP fix is also nice, which on certain notebooks led to a black window during RDP sessions (see Windows 10 V1903: Remote Desktop shows Black Screen). Administrators in corporate environments no longer need to use the workaround outlined in my article in the form of a forced XDDM driver. But here, too, there’s another bug not addressed. The bug that causes a high CPU kernel utilization, as mentioned within the blog post Windows 10 V1903: RDP (dwm.exe) causes high CPU load, freezes VMs does not seem to have been fixed by update KB4512941.
- The Windows sandbox that did not work (in German Windows 10) since the release of Windows 10 V1903 and returned error 0x80070002 (see Windows 10 V1903: Update KB4497936 breaks Sandbox) has been fixed. However, I saw some user feedback on the internet, reporting new issues with the sandbox.
- The bug that caused a stop error 0xc0000001 during the PXE boot of certain machines via Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or SCCM for months and prevented booting has been fixed.
- Finally, Microsoft mentions the fix when booting machines configured in domains for MIT Kerberos realms (see blog post Windows 10 V1903: Upgrade blocker Intel RST & MIT Kerberos.). However, only a few machines are likely to have been affected.
The support article KB4512941 lists a number of other fixes that Microsoft did not address on the Windows 10 V1903 status page. However, there are a number of unfixed bugs in Windows 10 V1903. This includes the fact that the external Nvidia dGPU in Surface Book 2 devices sometimes disappears (see Windows 10 V1903: Microsoft confirms two new issues). Also sporadically occurring loss of the WiFi connection (see Windows 10 V1903: Know issues (Wi-Fi etc.) updated) or the upgrade stop for Zebra tablets (see Windows 10 V1809/1903: Upgrade for Zebra Tablet PCs blocked) should be mentioned. And update KB4512941 now causes new issues with the desktop search and a high CPU load caused by Cortana (see Windows 10 V1903: High CPU load from Cortana, Search broken, blame August 2019 Updates). So there is still a lot for Microsoft’s developers to do in September 2019.
Microsoft Office Patchday (August 6, 2019)
Microsoft Security Update Summary (August 13, 2019)
Patchday: Updates für Windows 7/8.1/Server (August 13, 2019)
Patchday Windows 10-Updates (August 13, 2019)
Patchday Microsoft Office Updates (August 13, 2019)
Windows 10: Updates August 16/17, 2019
Windows 10 V1803: Update KB4512509 (08/19/2019)
Fix for VB6, VBA, VBScript bug?
Windows 10 V1903: Update KB4497936 breaks Sandbox
Windows 10 V1903: Sandbox fails with error 0xc0370106