[German]Microsoft has once again released the preparation update KB4023057 for machines with Windows 10 in July 2021. The update is supposed to improve the reliability of the Windows Update service, i.e. to find any update problems on the Windows 10 systems of private users that prevent an upgrade.
The colleagues from German site deskmodder.de reported in this post that the reliability update KB4023057 has been released again in July 2021 for WIndows 10 version 2004 to 21H1. Someone of you who has received this preparation update on a machine.
ie Kollegen von deskmodder.de berichten in diesem Beitrag, dass das Vorbereitungsupdates KB4023057 erneut im Juli 2021 für WIndows 10 Version 2004 bis 21H1 freigegeben worden sei. Jemand von euch, der dieses Vorbereitungsupdate auf einer Maschine erhalten hat.
Update KB4023057 for Windows 10
Update KB4023057 (Update for Windows 10 Update Service components) is distributed via Windows Update according to this support article. It is available for all Windows 10 versions, from RTM (1507) up to version 21H1. However, all Windows 10 versions up to and including 1809 are already out of support for end users.
The purpose of this update is to fix issues with the update process in Windows 10 that can prevent the installation of important Windows updates. These improvements are intended to help ensure that updates are installed seamlessly on the Windows 10 client in question. Additionally, Microsoft claims to improve the reliability and security of devices running Windows 10.
The update will be distributed cyclically in updated versions each time, probably most recently in June 2021. The files that will be delivered via update now at the end of July 2021 have a date of July 16 or 17, 2021. Microsoft provides the following information in the support post:
- This update may require a device to wait longer periods of time before entering hibernation mode to allow updates to be installed. Any hibernation configurations configured by the user, as well as your “active hours” when the device is most used, will be respected. .
- This update may attempt to reset network settings if problems are detected, and it cleans up registry keys that may prevent updates from installing successfully.
- This update may repair disabled or damaged Windows operating system components that determine the applicability of updates for your version of Windows 10.
- This update might compress files in your user profile directory to free up enough space to install critical updates.
- This update may reset the Windows Update database to fix the issues that may prevent successful installation of updates. Therefore, you may see that your Windows Update history has been cleared.
This update is not provided for Windows 10 versions 1809 and later in the Microsoft Update Catalog and generally not for WSUS. So it is not available for the WSUS used in enterprises for update management. Further details can be found in the support article and the articles linked below.
Windows 10 reliability update KB4023057 (02/08/2018)
Windows 10: Update KB4023057 re-released
Windows 10 Updates KB4295110/KB4023057 (08/09/2018)
Windows 10: Update KB4023057
Windows 10: What is REMSH.exe for?
Windows 10: Update KB4023057 released (Sept. 6, 2018)
Windows 10: Refresh for Reliability Update KB4023057 (Nov. 2020)
Windows 10: Reliability Update KB4023057 (Feb. 2021) released
Windows 10: EOL for v1909 soon and Reliability Updates KB4023057 shipped again in April 2021
Windows 10: Reliability update KB4023057 re-released (June 2021)
Cookies helps to fund this blog: Cookie settings