- Windows issues with April Updates and AV-Programs–root cause known on
- April 2019 updates freezes Windows 7, 8.1, 10 & Server on
- Windows 10 V1809: Continous Warnings (Event ID 1534) on
- Useless Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 V1903 released on
- Is a HP Firmware Update blocking again Third Party Ink Cartridges? on
Tag Archives: OEM
[German]Within this blog post I like to address a feature called ‘Windows Platform Binary Table’ (WPBT), that has been used aon OEM PCs to enable manufacturers to download and install their software, even if the user tries a clean install … Continue reading
Maybe people who use Dell systems with Windows 7 Professional can say something about this. It seems that update KB4038777 destroys Windows 7 Professional activation on Dell systems.
[German]A from OEM’s (HP, PHILIPS, FUJITSU) on Windows notebooks preinstalled application bears a huge security risk. A vulnerability allows a local authenticated (non-privileged) attacker to run arbitrary code with SYSTEM privileges. Millions of devices are affected by this bloatware.
Is Microsoft planning to lower license fees for Windows 10 for it’s OEMs? Windows 10 is already free for machines with display size below 10 inch. The Taiwan based Digitimes has published an article here, suggesting, that Microsoft has settled … Continue reading
[German]My colleague Ed Bott has published on September 30, 2016, the article You have one month left to buy a Windows 7 PC, suggesting, that OEMs are reaching the end-of-sales deadline for Windows 7 machines on November 1, 2016. That’s … Continue reading